Monday, March 3, 2014

Review for Crescendo (Hush Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Shelved as disappointed, guilty pleasures, love triangle, reviews, what a nice cover
According to my Goodreads account.
Link to book: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Link to Goodreads review: My older review of Crescendo

SPOILERS FOR THE PREVIOUS BOOK AHEAD.

This was an extremely disappointing book for me. I kept building myself up for this great book and then I got this. I can assure you, I was not satisfied.

CHARACTERS

Though many of these characters in the first book seemed interesting (yes, I know that can be argued), there was just a underwhelming amount of character development.

Nora Grey

Ah yes. Nora.Our lovely Nora becomes a whimpering ninny, and not just in this book. This all started at the end of the previous book.  Specifically, Nora sacrificing her life (or attempting to) in order for her precious Patch to live. At this point, she doesn't even know the guy that well. But she doesn't care. Because this is true love goddammit and it will succeed!

More sarcasm if you didn't notice.



There was a petty attempt at a love triangle in this book between Nora and Scott, her old friend. This is mainly petty because she gets jealous that Patch actually has a life and hangs out with other people and Nora decides to get back at him by going out with Scott. Patch starts hanging out with her mortal enemy (oh my) and she gets angry (oh my). Yeah boring boring boring.

Patch

This guy is so incredibly infuriating. He thinks that he can go around doing whatever he pleases because he is a beautiful angel and everyone listens to him. I am just so done with him at this point.


Just like Tennant, I am #DONE

Scott

Haha. Douchebag without a cause. That's what I'll call him. He is obviously the one that is so hawt and does unnecessary female objectification and whatnot. Nothing new.

There wasn't really much to this story that is memorable. It was just disappointing and sad. I don't know why I am reading the next one.

FINAL RATING:


Wondering why I didn't rate it anything less than what I did? Mainly because I enjoyed the first one a lot and I still enjoy the premise of the story. That might be a future in the mistake.

Please comment or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment