Monday, March 3, 2014

Review of Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1) by Quinn Loftis

Shelved as did not finish, disappointed, reviews, what a nice cover
According to Goodreads.
Link to Goodreads review: My older review of Prince of Wolves

Two main reasons why I read this book.

It was free.

It had wolves.

But sadly, there were so many things wrong with this story, I’m not really sure where to begin. So let me begin with the most obvious thing: the grammatical errors.

GRAMMAR

Maybe I got an ARC. Or maybe I got the final version and the editor is a baby howler monkey. Whatever it is, I’m sure I know some small children that know how to use a comma better than whoever was fixing this book. Periods were virtually nonexistent. Vocabulary was simple and quite boring.  So many repeated words it was difficult to understand the plot. Speaking of…



PLOT

This plot was… stupid. I’m sorry but it was. You want the simplified version? Here you go!

Girl sees boy. Boy is sexy. Boy talks in her head. Girl finds that attractive. Invites friends over. Discuss magic head-talking boy. Giggle over hot chocolate. Bring food across the street and generally tries to cross paths with boy. Boy falls in love with girl. Claims her. Pulls a Jacob Black on her and reveals he is a sexy werewolf. Girl is happy. Boy is happy. Someone tries to disrupt their happiness. And you know what happens next.

It's the generic cookie cutter plot line of a lot of stories these days.

CHARACTERS

These characters. I just wanna slap them so hard.



I mean really. Would you believe your friend if she told you that she could hear some creepy guy speaking in her head? I don’t know about you, but it would probably take a little bit more convincing than whatever these people put into it.

And Jacque’s friends. Oh my god, they had not a brain cell in their head!Both of them were so annoying. The Sally girl was a smartass. They kept saying she was intelligent, but there is a line between being smart and being a smartass. A fine line, but a line nonetheless.

 And the Jennifer girl tried to intentionally annoy everyone. I was ok with it in the beginning but it got to the point where I wanted to remove her permanently from the story itself.

LOVE INTEREST

This love interest. Mister Fane Lupei. After a quick Google search (what any reasonable person would do when having an inquiry), this is what I got.

fane- shrine or temple.
lupei- You can tell this is related to canis lupis, the scientific name for wolf.

So his name pretty much means temple of the wolf. Ok then.

His weird slips back into his native language of Romanian were beyond annoying. He say these things, and there would be a translation in parentheses!! And then someone would ask him what the hell he just said and he gives another translation!!! WHY!!?!?!?!

ex.

And please, his ADORABLE little endearment for Jacque. “My little luna” or something. She always asks what it means. I mean, really woman!? Have you no concept of the Latin language? Have you never read a book about werewolves? Twilight anybody? I mean, most of us know that luna means moon. And wolves have some fetish with the moon. Is it really that difficult to go online and search up what luna means?

Overall, this book was disappointing. But it’s not like I had many hopes for it.

As always, no disrespect toward the author. I am just giving my honest opinion and don't mean to intentionally hurt anyone.

FINAL RATING:

Please feel free to comment or give me your life story if you so please to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment